Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pursuit

As a man, when I pursue a woman*, I feel as though God is pursing me.

Just as a woman feels pursued by God as we move towards her emotionally or relationally or physically, we also feel pursued by him during those very moments. It is almost a paradox, or more likely, when we pursue a woman (be it our wife, fiancee, or girlfriend), it is God telling us we have the power and value to do so. This is one aspect of God's pursuit of us as men. Our pursuit of a chosen woman is somehow His very pursuit of us.
______________________
*Be it your wife or fiance or girlfriend

1 comment:

Sara A, said...

Who is his lucky woman who gets to know this pursuit? She who fumbles around to respond to the best gift her savior has given her, save her salvation? Does she know who you are and desire to protect you? Does she feel the Lords love as you become the conduit of his affection? Yes. yes I do. I am she.