Monday, June 14, 2010

Emotional Intimacy

When I feel lonely, long for emotional connection with another, or often just feel like I'm missing something, I realize that what I truly long for is a deep and emotional intimacy with God. In this life, even the best marriages, closest war-buddies, or closest spiritual partners lack an emotional intimacy that is constant. In heaven, that emotional intimacy with God will never be severed. Whether married or unmarried, spiritual partner or not, we all have to wait for that deep, never-ending, intimate connection. Once we get there, it starts and goes on forever. In the meantime, we get little glimpses, maybe big glimpses. Marriage, war buddies, and spiritual partners comprise some of those glimpses. But, heaven is the real-deal. It isn't that far off. We get to go pretty soon. That's very cool.

1 comment:

1 Thoughtful said...

Steven, I'm not going to turn God down for one moment he gives me here. Being here with him is a good thing; being there with him will be better but I don't want to miss any of it.