Monday, July 12, 2010

Cheering us on. Singing over us.

So often, we think God could care less about us. I don't believe that. My personal opinion is that he loves us and fights for us without reservation. Here is an ancient writing I read last night. "God is near you. He is a victorious warrior. He takes joy in you. He quiets you with His love. He takes joy in you with singing." - The Prophet Zephaniah in the Old Testament (Zep 3:17 SDT). This is what I believe.

My friend and I talked a little bit last night about how it's like God is our parent at a little league baseball game. Cheering. A little out of control. Other parents might even be a little embarrassed at how God would act in cheering us on. God isn't embarrassed. He let's it loose. We're running out there and he's so proud of us. He's singing songs about us.

2 comments:

1 Thoughtful said...

He's dancing my mom and dad are doing the poka and Jason is jumping for joy.

1 Thoughtful said...

Thought about my mom and dad dancing the poka. They actually did that you know.