Sunday, October 11, 2009

Heaven (Part Three)

Nora Jones. Sunrise is the song. Her voice draws me in. Intoxicating.

I was listening to her today and felt deep sadness. It wasn’t the sort of sadness I wanted to evade. The feeling resembled missing a dear friend or loved one who’s moved away. Difficult and beautiful at the same time. Along these lines.

As I pondered the intoxication of her voice, I realized it wasn’t her or her voice that was drawing me in, especially since it was moving me so emotionally. I realized I was being drawn into the seductiveness of God. The One who created that rich voice is the One who created her. I can almost say I felt like I was listening to the voice of God Himself, and yet the One who created her has a voice that far outweighs hers.

These feelings of sadness or missing a departed friend are synonymous to joy when I think of why and who I’m missing. I’m missing God. His voice is seductive.

Beautiful landscapes. Brilliant sunsets. Leaves changing color. The voice of Nora Jones. When I die, I get to hear the intoxicating voice of the One who created Nora Jones.

This is heaven.

4 comments:

Erin said...

beautiful music always makes me miss God.. He is here of course, all around, and his Spirit is in me- but i still miss him because we aren't face to face.

drea said...

Yah...you got a comment page, i am so excited.

I know what you mean about Nora and her voice. I was listening to her on Sat. and I felt the same thing, only I thought, this music describes the way I feel. It is like the perfect setting, cool weather, nice breeze, turning leaves (we don't have many), sweet voice.

But I love what you said, God created this voice...what beauty, Gods creation.

Thanks for the reminder and WE MISS YOU...come over soon. OR lets meet somewhere :P

Unknown said...

Erin. Thanks for your comment. Yes, He is right here too, isn't He?

Unknown said...

Drea,
Thanks for the comment. You are one of two people who encouraged me to set it up. I like how you said, "...only I thought this music describes the way I feel." I guess we can fight over His voice or simply share:)