Monday, February 16, 2009

Affirmation

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster. I felt confused and fearful about a number of things I’m facing in my life. Thankfully, I ran into a friend at church who is aware of some of my current, life struggles. He listened to my thoughts of confusion and simply affirmed me regardless of any decisions I choose to make. He spoke words of freedom to me. In fact, it was like God Himself had spoken these words of freedom to me (1 John 3:20). In one moment, I was dead. The next moment, I was alive.

Let’s remember to affirm one another very often with words of freedom which bring life.*

*I believe that the more affirmed we are over time, the more we become aware of God’s constant affirmation even during the periods of time when we don’t feel anyone’s else’s affirmation. There will never come a time during this life, however, when we can live for too long without the affirmation of other human beings. This is God’s design.

No comments: