Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Respect and Male Motivation

Men, I have to quote a portion of Love and Respect by Eggerichs. Picture a God who is like this:

"A good illustration of how respect can motivate a man is found in our armed forces--the millitary... Envision a U.S. Marine general speaking to his men after observing them in training maneuvers that did not go too well. 'Men, I believe in you more than you believe in yourselves. Get your heads up. Look at me. I admire you more than you admire yourselves. Your performance stunk today, but I see more potential in this fighting unit than any in the world. Where you will be in six months will result in the world hearing of this fighting unit, and I'm taking you there.' When a general respects his men and believes in them more than they believe in themselves, these soldiers want to improve, they want to get better, they want to fulfill that potential this general sees in them. Such men want to serve."

God sees more in you than you see in yourself. Let's believe this and let's see more in the men around us than they see in themselves.

No comments: