Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wisdom and Football

Wisdom is like a football. I carry it, but I never stitched it together. I run with it, but someone else passed it to me. I score a touchdown, but someone else orchestrated the play. It’s most valuable when I hand it off to another player. It doesn't belong to me. It never came from me. And in the future, the game will go on without me.

Wisdom is like a football. It works best when we receive it and pass it along. Everyone carries a little bit of wisdom. A lesson learned. A grief observed. A parable received. An addiction being dealt with. The humility of wisdom is that it never belonged to us in the first place. We simply pass it along.

2 comments:

Blanca Bertrand said...

Hey Steven, I really liked your analogy of Futball to Wisdom. It ministered to me. Blanca

1 Thoughtful said...

Good one.